University of South Africa UNISA Application – South Africa
University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application Instructions
It makes sense that students from all over the world would want to attend the University of South Africa (Unisa), one of South Africa’s top public universities.
Unisa Online Application Date for Applicants
For this academic year, the University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application date is now accessible.
The University of South Africa will accept online applications for undergraduate degrees from 1 September through 14 October 2022. (higher certificate, advanced certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, and degree), Master’s and doctoral qualification: 11 September–14 November 2022, and Honours degrees and Postgraduate diplomas: 1 September–14 October 2022.
University of South (Unisa) Late Application.
It is not advisable to submit applications or admission requests late. The University of South Africa (Unisa) does not recommend late admission or application because it can result in rejection from the authorities.
Unisa does not accept Late Applications, therefore apply on time or reapply on time in the upcoming academic year. PLEASE NOTE OF THIS
Unisa Online Application Requirements.
If you are submitting your application online, it is crucial to be aware of the university’s admission requirements. One excellent example of an institution that uses online application requirements is the University of South Africa (Unisa).
The general requirements for the University of South Africa are listed in the documents below (Unisa)
University of South Africa general admission requirements for prospective students.
- As a prospective student, you must meet all necessary admission requirements for the qualification you wish to pursue in order to be accepted at Unisa. If you don’t fit these requirements, you might want to consider someone who does. To view the page for undergraduate qualifications, click here.
- Unisa qualifications have limited small spaces available. Therefore, even if you satisfy the general and/or specific admission requirements for a qualification, it is not a given that you will be offered a spot to study during this academic year even if you are eligible for admission.
- You will need to provide a copy of your official academic transcript in certified form in addition to a Certificate of Conduct.
- Each and every international applicant is required to submit the SAQA evaluation in addition to the syllabus.
Note for Applicants: Unisa Admission Requirements
- Your final grades from grade 12 and a number of other important details, such as the school you attended, are factored into the calculation of your individual points score, which is at the heart of the selection process.
- Before submitting an application, please check whether you meet the statutory and college-specific admission requirements, and the needed academics points score (APS) for your chosen qualification(s). A higher certificate requires a minimum APS of 15, a diploma a minimum APS of 18 and a bachelor degree a minimum APS of 21 or more (some exceptions apply).
Unisa Supporting documents for applying
In order to start a new qualification, prospective students must upload all required documentation, which often consists of the following:
- Copy of your school qualifications (eg Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document (RSA students) or ID / passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
Unisa prospectus for Prospective Students
Applications are available online through Unisa. The links that are provided below provide prospective students with access to the University of South Africa (Unisa) Online Application.
Unisa Online Application Form 2024-2025
Forms to submit applications online Unisa. Prospective students can download the online application for the University of South Africa (Unisa) from the website listed below, as well as from other websites.
- Students’ Disciplinary Code (PDF)
- Guidelines for a student disciplinary hearing
- Unisa rules for students (PDF)
- Policy for Copyright Infringement and Plagiarism (PDF)
- Master’s and doctoral policies, procedures and forms
Unisa Online Application Fee 2023
Both new and current students at the University of South Africa (Unisa) have the option of selecting from a variety of courses and programs, each of which results in a different tuition rate.
During the process of applying, you will be required to pay an R115.00 online application fee that will be deposited into Unisa’s account.
You are also responsible for ensuring that the fee for submitting your application is non-refundable, even in the event that you choose not to pursue a degree at Unisa or are not accepted.
In addition, visitors are not permitted to bring physical currency onto Unisa’s property.
You are required to make a deposit into the First National Bank account held by the university.
Unisa Payment method and Banking Details
The University of South Africa’s bank account details, as well as their preferred method of payment Prospective students, can access the complete information regarding the payment method and banking details by clicking on the link provided in the previous sentence.
How to Apply Unisa Online Application
Every university’s online application has its own system for prospective students to use in order to submit their information. The procedure that the University of South Africa (Unisa) follows is outlined in the following paragraphs.
- Applicants can apply for admission at Undergraduate qualifications, Honours degrees & postgraduate diplomas, Master’s & doctoral qualifications and Short Learning Programmes here.
- Applicants who plan to enroll for classes at a Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) college under the Unisa-TVET agreement can apply via the relevant TVET college or at Unisa via the online or self-help options.
Unisa Online Application Status. How to check Unisa application status online.
If you wish to apply to study at the University of South Africa (Unisa), it is essential that you are familiar with the location of and instructions for using the Online Application Status.
It gives prospective students reliable information about whether the authorities in charge of the admissions process have accepted or rejected their admission or application to study at the institution.
Please review the documents that are provided below for instructions on how to check the status of your application or admission if you are a prospective student who is unsure how to do so.
- Step 1– Kindly go to https://myadmin.unisa.ac.za/unisa-studentstatus/default.do
- Step 2– You’ll see an interface with a student number in your browser.
- Step 3– Please enter your student number in the space provided.
- Step 4– Please click continue to discover the status of your application or admission.
- Step 5– Good luck and hope your admission was granted
Unisa Online Application for International Students
Hello, and thank you for choosing to apply to Unisa through our online application system. The website that was just mentioned is eager to be of assistance to international students who are interested in applying to study at one of the top universities in South Africa.
The University of South Africa (also known as Unisa) has earned a stellar reputation for the quality of its faculty and classroom instruction.
When can I apply to be an international student?
- Click here for the dates for applying for undergraduate qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, and degrees).
- Click here to view the dates for postgraduate diplomas and honours degrees.
- Click here to view the dates for master’s and doctorate degree applications.
documents required for international student applications
- A Copy of your school qualifications. For a list of acceptable school qualifications for admission per country, visit hhttp://mb.usaf.ac.za/
- A Copy of your tertiary academic qualifications (if applicable)
- A Copy of your passport
- A Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- An Original sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
- A M30 form – Application for a Certificate of Conditional Exemption (ONLY for admission to bachelor degree studies) (PDF 33KB) and supporting documents if you are applying for a certificate of exemption
How can I submit an admissions application as an international student?
Every admissions application must be submitted online within the given application time.. Please visit www.unisa.ac.za/apply for more information.
International students’ online application fee
The non-refundable online application fee for all international students is R120,00.
How to pay Application fee as an International Applicants
Payment can be made through a SWIFT transfer (see bank account details below). Please note that any payments other than those made via the Unisa website can take a few days to appear on the Unisa account. Send payment documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers using SWIFT are possible.
- once you have a Unisa student number
- in respect of fees, for example: study fees, examination fees (supplementary, sick or special exam fees), exemption fees and library charges
- provided that the details are filled in as follows:
- Bank: First National Bank
- Beneficiary: Unisa income account
- Account type: Cheque
- Branch code: 250645
- Swift code: FIRNZAJJ
- Account number: 62799625200
- Deposit reference: first eight (8) blocks are for the student number (if the student number consists of only 7 digits, then a “0” must be filled in as the first digit of the student number). Leave one block open, then fill in the following code: 5370810030 for the application fee.
For more information on Unisa, International Students use the contacts below.
Kindly remember to use only your student number in the subject line of your e-mail.
- For enquiries related to undergraduate higher certificates, diplomas and degrees, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- For enquiries related to honours degrees and postgraduate diplomas. Please use the e-mail address of the college under which your qualification resides:
- College of Accounting Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences: email@example.com
- College of Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Economic and Management Sciences: email@example.com
- College of Human Sciences: firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Law: email@example.com
- College of Science, Engineering and Technology: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Graduate School of Business Leadership: SBL@unisa.ac.za
- For enquiries related to master’s and doctoral degrees, please contact the College of Graduate Studies, Postgraduate Administration Division (email@example.com).
University of South Africa (Unisa) Residence Application
Only applicants who have submitted a successful application for admission are permitted to obtain a residence from the University of South Africa Online Application. Therefore if you have submitted your application then you may apply for residence by clicking here.
For more information on UNISA kindly check here or visit the UNISA website here