Unisa has released the application dates for the 2020 academic year. Students who missed out on the previous Unisa application period in May finally have a chance to apply to study at Unisa.
The application dates for the 2020 academic year at Unisa are as follows:
- Undergraduate Qualifications (higher certificates, advanced certificates, diplomas, advanced diplomas, BTech & degrees): 20 August 2019 – 27 September 2019
- Postgraduate Diplomas & Honours Degrees: 20 August 2019 – 27 September 2019
- Masters & Doctoral Degrees: 10 September 2019 – 8 November 2019
Registration for Semester 1 of the 2020 academic year will open from 3 January 2020. A closing date has yet to be announced and will be communicated to students when available.
Who Can Apply At Unisa (Undergraduate Qualifications)?
Before jumping straight into applying for a qualification at Unisa, you’d have to ask yourself whether you can actually apply or not. Prospective Unisa students can apply for an undergraduate qualification if they meet the following requirements:
- Applying at Unisa for the first time;
- Currently registered Unisa students looking to change to a new qualification;
- Previous applicants who were unsuccessful in their applications;
- Successful applicants who were unable to register for their qualification;
- Students who completed or are completing a lower qualification (Higher Certificate/Alternative Pathway or Extended Programme) and looking to apply for an undergraduate qualification.
Additionally, prospective students have to match the standards set by Unisa in order to have their applications accepted.