UCL Institute for Global Health African Graduate Scholarships 2020-2021
Sponsored by the CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House, this scholarship exists to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September- September to study Global Health and Development at UCL.
Note: All information on this website trainingforms.com is published in good faith and for general information purpose only. We dig deep to get information form institutions offering scholarship opportunities for students.
We do not offer scholarships, rather we simply provide information on scholarship openings.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation, at the time of application.
- The candidate must have applied and obtained an offer letter to study a full- time postgraduate programme at the UCL Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- The scholarship covers UCL tuition fees, accommodation, and cost of living.
The candidate must arrange for and obtain the additional funding required to cover travel, student visa, and initial expenses.
- Please also see the application procedure below for additional information.
Application Deadline: 27th April 2020.
Scholarship Application Procedure:
Eligible candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application form with the following documentation:
- Copy of your offer letter for the MSc Global Health and Development programme
- your academic transcripts/certificates, references and CV from your MSc application.
- completed scholarship application form including personal statement.
- evidence of your current employment and income e.g. letter from employer confirming employment status and annual salary in GBP..
- Proof of funding status including evidence that they have applied to other funding bodies for the additional expenses. If any additional funding has been obtained, the applicant must provide evidence of this in the form of a signed letter from the funding organisation stating the additional sponsorship/scholarship amount in sterling. If the funding comes from personal resources, copies of official bank statements showing the balance of funds must be submitted. Candidates must submit their scholarship application to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th April 2020.
Please complete the application form and return by email together with supporting documentation as a single file. Please do not submit individual scanned pages of the application form unless there is a particular page that requires a signature.
Completed application forms will be reviewed shortly after the deadline stated on the application form.
The applications are considered and awarded by the UCL Institute for Global Health (IGH) Scholarship Committee. The committee aims to contact successful candidates by email and post within 4 weeks of the deadline.
Candidates must be able to obtain additional funds needed to cover living costs and other expenses associated with their studies. You are responsible for finding the funding to cover these additional expenses. The amount needed will vary considerably depending on the circumstances of each individual candidate.
Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details