TVET Colleges 2023-2024
ABOUT TVET COLLEGE
Technical and Vocational Education and Training (abbreviated TVET) comprises vocational, occupational and Artisan education and training as offered by TVET Colleges. This band of education and training is also referred to as ‘post-school
There are fifty registered and accredited public TVET Colleges in South Africa which operate on around 364 campuses spread across the rural and urban areas of the country.
Public TVET Colleges are established and operated under the authority of the Continuing Education and Training Act 16 of 2006 and resort under the Department of Higher Education and Training., meaning that it refers to education and training that takes place after leaving school, even if only with a Grade 9 completed.
DOCUMENTS (CERTIFIED COPIES) NEEDED FOR APPLYING TO TVET COLLEGE
- A copy of the first page of your Identity Document must accompany this application.
- A copy of your Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate or highest qualification must be submitted with your application
- Note: Grade 12 learners must attach a copy of their Grade 11 final results and June or September Grade 12 results. The report must indicate the subjects and symbols obtained and whether the subjects are on the Higher Grade or Standard Grade. If you attended any other higher education institution, an original academic record or certified copies of other certificates obtained previously, must also be submitted.
- Proof of residential address of parents/guardians.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS (non-South African citizens)
- A certified copy of your passport must accompany this form. You are required to produce a valid study permit before you will be permitted to register.
- Non-RSA Qualifications. The onus rests with all international applicants to have their school qualifications evaluated by SAQA before submitting this application form. SAQA can be contacted on telephone number: 027 86 010 3188.
Tvet College Admission Requirements
Applying to study or acquire a skill trade as an applicant, there are requirements to be meet before applying to any tvet collages in South Africa.
These written below are the requirements needed when applying to a TVET college:
- You should have a grade 9 certificate: Before applying to a TVET college, you must have completed grade 9.
- You should be at least 16 years old: No applicants under the ages of 16 will be accepted.
- Note that, more advanced courses may require higher certificates: Courses like engineering and higher grade studies require a higher level of education.
- As part of the application process, most TVET colleges ask you to take an admission exam. This allows the college to assess the numeracy and literacy abilities of each student.
- Applicant may need to go through an interview process to be considered.
- ID and proof of residence: Make sure you have these ready when applying to a TVET college.
How to Apply
Before you can for fill your heart desire of becoming a worker in a skilled trade of your choice, as an applicants you need to apply to any South African Tvet colleges of your choice to achieve that. Most at times, how to apply to a tvet college can be a problem.
Follow the steps given below to know how:
- Get an application form
- follow the requirements given in the form to avoid rejection
- fill the given space in the application form
- Remember to attached all needed documents required.
- After send it to address given or any other ways given for submission.
Unisa has an agreement with a number of Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) colleges to offer tuition for selected qualifications, but primarily higher certificates.
These classes have proved to mostly improve the throughput rate of students who enroll for them. Successful completion of the higher certificates may give you a better chance to qualify for degree studies at Unisa