Scholarship To Study In India For International Students Globally
Scholarship To Study in India is a collaborative project under the Ministry of Education by the Government of India. Study in India was put together to encourage the foreign student community to study in India’s top institutes and further India’s global identity as a student destination.
Study in India, with the help of the following Indian ministries – the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, is offering 2000 scholarships upto USD3500 each for the academic year 2020-21.
Every meritorious student that has been offered this scholarship by the Study in India team shall receive it for a maximum period:
- 5 years for undergraduate integrated courses;
- 3 or 4 years for undergraduate courses, according to the course duration;
- 2 years for postgraduate courses;
- till the completion of this course, whichever is lesser.
Please note, scholarships are only available for the above-listed categories, and not for Ph.D., M.Phil and Doctoral level courses.
To apply for this scholarship, students should have registered with SII, completed an application on our website and SII-partnered institution. The scholarships are awarded on the following basis:
- Students should have had a meritorious academic history in his / her secondary school, higher secondary school, and/or the latest educational qualification.
- Students may appear for the Ind-SAT exam conducted by the SII team across the given list of countries. A merit list would be generated for the second-wave of shortlisting.
- According to the country-wise allocated quota and other criteria, the final shortlisted will be contacted by the SII team.
A few important clauses about the scholarship for the students applying for the SII scholarship:
- Each scholarship is valued at INR 250,000 (≈USD3500) per student per year.
- Each scholarship under the SII scheme will only cover tuition, accommodation, food, and admission fees. No other expense listed outside this set will be provided for under this scholarship.
- If the total fees of the course for each year, which includes tuition, accommodation, food, and admission, is lesser than the proposed value of USD3500 the lesser amount will be awarded as a scholarship.
- All scholarships are electronically transferred to the institutes.
- All scholarships are renewable on a year-on-year basis until the day of graduation.
Before releasing the final offer letter to students, each online application will be verified by the institute and the SII team. For further information, read through the clauses given below carefully before applying for the Study in India (SII) scholarship.
What is Study in India?
With India ranked as the second largest higher education system, home to 39,931 colleges and 993 universities, Study in India is built to facilitate the student fraternity from all across the globe to come and experience the best of academic learning from the top institutions in India.
What does Study in India offer?
In an abundant and extensive higher education system such as India, ranked as the second largest higher education system, the Study in India interface is a prime intermediary for students to explore, connect and apply to various top-ranked institutions in the country.
Students get to choose from a diverse set of more than 2600 courses and 120 top-ranked institutes. Some institutions also offer niche courses in Yoga, Buddhism, Ayurveda and more.
For the academic year 2020-21, the program avails 2,000 scholarships across the globe to inbound graduates and postgraduates, with each scholarship valued at $3,500. The program also offers approximately 25,000 seats with more than 9,500 fee waivers.
What makes Study in India unique?
Study in India aims to provide international students with a unique blend of quality education and enterprising culture, to make the student feel at home away from home.
We’ve realized that students are in search of practical knowledge, personal and societal development within and outside the four walls of classrooms. It is with this objective that Study in India has built the program based on the following pillars – Culture of Diversity, Innovation & Creativity, Best Value Education, Enterprising Gene and Advanced Developing Economy.
‘Study in India’ Initiative has partnered with NIRF and NAAC certified institutions in the country, ensuring commitment to quality. By pursuing a course with our top institutes in India, students will have the following advantages –
- Internationally renowned degree, making you employable not only locally but globally;
- Expertise in popular courses as well as niche disciplines, ranging from – Virtual and Augmented Reality, Artificial Intelligence and Cognitive Computing to traditional subjects, such as Ayurveda, yoga & classical dance.
- Higher Institutions in India offer degrees that are competitive in the world market in terms of quality but are delivered at ~1/4th the cost hence guaranteeing value for money, making it high on ROI.
What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the Study in India Scholarship?
To be eligible for the Study in India Scholarship, students should have registered with Study in India, completed an application on our website – www.studyinindia.gov.in and been inducted into a tufy in India partner institute. The scholarships are awarded on the basis of the following.
- Students should have had a meritorious academic history in his / her secondary school, higher secondary school, and / or latest academic qualification.
- Students from the given list of countries on the website may appear for the Ind-SAT exam that is conducted by the Study in India team, and a merit list would be generated for the second-wave of shortlisting.
- The final shortlisted will be contacted by the Study in India team.
What costs are covered under the Study in India Scholarship?
The Study in India Scholarship would ideally cover the following costs – admission fees, tuition fees, accommodation and food (canteen) expenses. However, if the annual fees is more than USD3500, then the scholarship would cover a part of the mentioned costs. Please note, the scholarship will not provide for a stipend or any out-of-pocket expenses.
How much is the average tuition fees in India?
Tuition fees vary across private and public institutes. However, the average cost of tuition fees in India would be an approximate USD3000, taking into account various factors.
Are Indian institutes recognized globally?
While, all Indian institutes in the premier category under the University Grants Commission (UGC) regulations are assessed and accredited by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council), the NIRF or the National Institute Ranking Framework ranks Indian universities and colleges.
How many courses and institutes are covered under Study in India?
India has the world’s second-largest higher education network, with around 40,000 colleges and an approximate 1000 universities, which include both public and private institutes. Study in India has partnered with India’s top ranked 114 institutes, offering an approximate 2600 courses, which include mainstream courses and niche disciplines.
How can I apply to Indian institutes through Study in India?
To join the Study in India programme, you’d need to register on our website (www.studyinindia.gov.in), where you can directly apply to the best Indian institutes of your choice and preference. All you’d need to do is follow our five-step process, which is as follows:
- Explore Courses – Find a course of your interest.
- Register with Study in India – Register on the Study in India portal to be able to access our institutes.
- Fill Application – Fill in the basic details and proceed to choose your preferences.
- Complete Application – Submit application with preferred courses and institutes.
- Prepare to Study in India – We are excited to see you in India!
Is there a screening process to register with Scholarship To Study in India?
There is no screening process to register with Study in India. But we do recommend that you register with us, if you are interested in pursuing an undergraduate, postgraduate or a doctorate degree with top-ranked Indian institutes. We review your eligibility for a scholarship after you have submitted the application form.
Is there anyway I could receive counselling about the Study in India program?
Yes, visit our webpage for me SCHOLARSHIP PAGE