The Technical University of Denmark(DTU)
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation, and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
You will examine in detail all aspects of the following:
- HA receivers:
- Dynamic mechanical and acoustical behavior,
- Magnetic circuits and materials, and electrical circuitry
you may also explore more radical, novel transduction concepts for HA receivers. Your research will also include:
- Electroacoustic characterization of a (dual) balanced armature transducer, including time and frequency responses, efficiency, feedback, and distortion.
- Mechanical-acoustic characterization of transducer performance in hearing aids.
- Advanced numerical simulation coupling electromagnetic, mechanical, and acoustic domains.
- Preparation of representative analytical models, such as lumped electro-mechanical-acoustical models, with a basis on the detailed physical behavior.
- Practical measurements of the performance of receivers, as a validation for the models and additional insight.
- Investigation of alternative transduction principles and designs that can be used in HA receivers. This may include the use of numerical optimization tools available at CAMM.
Eligibility Criteria for Ph.D. Scholarship at The Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
The applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- High grades in your master’s program.
- Two-year master’s degree in engineering, physics, acoustics, or related fields
- Knowledge of power systems operation and electric vehicle grid integration issues.
- Familiar with distributed energy resources (DERs) grid integration issues.
- Hands-on experience with power electronics, embedded programming, and telemetry, is appreciated.
- Proficient use of the English language.
- A dedicated person with a desire to learn is an essential quality.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Matlab or C++ and advanced use of numerical software packages such as COMSOL or ANSYS are needed for the project.
Following documents will be required at the time of applying for Ph.D. scholarships
- A letter motivating the application (cover letter)
- Curriculum vitae
- Grade transcripts and BSc/MSc diploma
- Excel sheet with translation of grades to the Danish grading system (see guidelines and Excel spreadsheet here)
- English proficiency certificate (for instance TOEFL or IELTS) (Optional)
Value of Ph.D. Scholarship at The Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- The recipient of the Ph.D. scholarship will have opportunities to work on a multinational project with leading Scientist and engineers,
- The recipient will also get a monthly salary which will be decided after personal interviews.
Deadline for Ph.D. Scholarship at The Technical University of Denmark (DTU)
- Submit your online application no later than 3 January 2021
Never miss an update from us. If you enjoyed this post kindly share to show us some love. Thank you.