Welcome to the National Training Centre (NTC) Teachers Portal, your go-to platform for various NTC-related activities such as Continuous Professional Development (CPD), portfolio assessment, NTC license issuance, and renewal.
In this article, we will walk you through the process of logging into the NTC Teachers Portal, registering as a teacher, and exploring the portal’s features and functionalities.
NTC Teachers Portal Login
To access the NTC Teachers Portal Login page, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the NTC Teachers Portal Login page at tpg.ntc.gov.gh/account/login.
- Click on a related category that aligns with your purpose of accessing the portal.
- Enter the email address or telephone number and password you used during the registration process.
- Click on the login button to access your NTC Teachers Portal dashboard.
How to Register on NTC Teachers Portal
All teachers in Ghana are required to register on the NTC Teachers Portal to participate in continuous professional development programs, build their portfolio, and manage their license online. Follow these steps to register:
- Go to tpg.ntc.gov.gh/account/register.
- Fill out the registration form with the necessary details.
- Click the Register button to submit your registration.
- Check your email address for a confirmation link.
- Click “Complete Registration” to verify your email address.
For detailed registration procedures, requirements, and eligibility for both private and public school teachers, refer to the official registration guide provided by the NTC.
How to Recover Your NTC Teachers Portal Account
If you forget your password, you can easily recover your NTC Teachers Portal account by following these steps:
- On the login form, click on the “Need help logging in?” link located below the Login button.
- You will be presented with two options: “Email password reset” and “One-time password (OTP).”
- If you remember your email address, select the first option and enter your email address to receive instructions on how to log in.
- If you have forgotten or lost access to your email address, select the second option and enter your telephone number to receive a code to log in to your account.
Setting Up Your Profile on NTC Teachers Portal
After successfully logging into your account, it is essential to set up your teacher profile on the NTC Teachers Portal. This profile setup consists of seven phases:
- Identification information: Provide your personal identification details, including your full name, date of birth, and gender.
- Personal information: Fill in your contact information, such as your address, phone number, and email address.
- Passport picture upload: Upload a recent passport-sized photograph of yourself.
- Document upload: Submit relevant documents, such as your academic certificates and teaching credentials.
- Academic history setup: Enter your educational background, including your degrees, institutions, and dates of completion.
- Employment history setup: Provide details about your teaching experience, including the schools you have worked at and the periods of employment.
- License setup: Complete the license setup process by making the necessary payments and submitting any additional required documentation.
Setting Up Your Teacher License on NTC Teachers Portal
After filling out the necessary forms and uploading the required documents, you will need to make payment for your teacher license to finalize the application process. Follow these steps to complete your license setup:
- Click on “Setup Teacher License” within your NTC Teachers Portal dashboard.
- You will be directed to the NTC’s payment gateway, where you can choose to pay via mobile money or a debit/credit card.
- After your payment is confirmed, you will receive an email with a receipt for the payment. Make sure to keep a copy of this receipt for future reference.
- Your account will be pending activation until your documents are validated. You will be notified via SMS and email once your account is activated.
Exploring the NTC Teachers Portal Dashboard
Once you have successfully set up your profile and license on the NTC Teachers Portal, you can start exploring the various features and functionalities available on your dashboard. Here are some key aspects of the dashboard:
Teacher License Details
On your dashboard, you can view important information related to your teacher license:
- Licence holder: Your full name as the license holder.
- Licence number: A unique number generated upon account activation, serving as both your registered number and license number.
- Issue date: The date on which your license was issued.
- Expiry date: The date after which your license will be invalid. It is automatically set two years after the issue date.
The NTC Teachers Portal provides a range of training courses recommended for teachers. These courses are divided into two categories:
- Mandatory courses for all ranks: These courses have the same Continuous Professional Development (CPD) credit points.
- Rank-based mandatory courses: Each rank has specific mandatory courses with corresponding CPD credit points.
To view and register for training courses, click on “Training Courses” on your dashboard. You will find a list of available courses and the service providers offering them.
The NTC Teachers Portal also features training programs designed by external service providers to educate teachers on modern teaching trends. To access the training programs, click on “Training Programs” on your dashboard. Each program is displayed on a card, providing a summary of the details. Clicking on a program card will provide more information about the program, such as the target audience, attendance requirements, and learning outcomes.
The NTC Teachers Portal allows you to keep track of your training records and download certificates of attendance for each course or program you have completed. To view your training records, click on “Training Records” on your dashboard. You will find a list of your completed training programs, and by clicking “View,” you can access more details about each record.
As a teaching staff member, you are required to undertake terminal In-Service Education and Training (INSETs) records, which are processed by your head teacher or regional director. Access your INSET records by clicking on “View INSETs” on your dashboard. There are three types of INSETs: School Based INSET (SBI), Cluster Based INSET (CBI), and Department Based INSET (DBI).
Teacher Portfolio Management
Your portfolio is a crucial component for the renewal of your teaching license. It serves as evidence of your competence and adherence to teaching standards. To manage your portfolio, click on “Manage Portfolio” on your dashboard. You can upload relevant documents and records to fulfill the evidence criteria of the teaching standards.
Teacher Profile Updates
You can make various updates to your teacher profile on the NTC Teachers Portal. While some information, such as contact details, can be updated without verification, changes to other information may require proof. To update your profile, click on “Manage Profile” on your dashboard and follow the instructions provided.
Logging Out of NTC Teachers Portal
To ensure the security of your account, it is essential to log out of the NTC Teachers Portal when you have finished your session. To log out, follow these steps:
- Click on your profile image at the top right corner of the portal.
- Select “Logout” from the drop-down menu.
By following these steps, you can safely exit the NTC Teachers Portal.
In conclusion, the NTC Teachers Portal provides teachers in Ghana with a convenient and efficient platform for various NTC-related activities. From logging in to registering, managing licenses, accessing training courses, and maintaining portfolios, the portal offers a comprehensive suite of tools to support and enhance the professional development of teachers. Explore the NTC Teachers Portal today and unlock the full potential of your teaching career.
Thank you for visiting Training Forms, a site that provides useful information. I hope you get the results you're looking for in your search. This blog contains affiliate links to various products. It simply means that if you click on one of our links and then make a purchase, we will receive a little compensation. Thank you