All personnel responding to outbreaks of Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs) need to have the basic knowledge and skills to mount an effective response. They need to understand what ARIs are, how they are transmitted, how to assess the risk of infection and to understand basic hygiene measures to protect themselves. This learning package consists of 4 modules with videos and downloadable presentations.
Overview: This course provides a general introduction to Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs) and basic hygiene measures to protect against infection. By the end of the course, you should be able to describe basic information about ARIs including what they are, how they are transmitted, how to assess the risk of infection and list basic hygiene measures to protect against infection.
Learning objective: Understand the basic principles of acute respiratory infections, how to assess the risk of infection and basic hygiene measures to protect against infection.
Course duration: Approximately 2 hours.
Certificates: There is no certificate available at this time.
- Module 1: Acute Respiratory Infection (ARIs) of public health concern – Introduction:
Overall learning objective: To describe basic information about acute respiratory infections including transmission, symptoms, treatment and prevention.
- Module 2: How to protect yourself against Acute Respiratory Infections (ARIs):
Overall learning objective: How to manage the risk from ARIs.
- Module 3: Basic hygiene measures:
Overall learning objective: To describe basic hygiene measures to protect against ARIs.
- Module 4: Wearing a medical mask:
Overall learning objective: To describe when and how to wear a medical mask.
Enroll me for this course
The course is free. Just register for an account on OpenWHO and take the course!
- Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Clinical Care Severe Acute Respiratory Infection
- COVID-19: Operational Planning Guidelines and COVID-19 Partners Platform to support country preparedness and response
- Emerging respiratory viruses, including COVID-19: methods for detection, prevention, response and control
- ePROTECT Respiratory Infections (EN)
Thank you for visiting Training Forms, a site that provides useful information. I hope you get the results you're looking for in your search. This blog contains affiliate links to various products. It simply means that if you click on one of our links and then make a purchase, we will receive a little compensation. Thank you