Concordia University Scholarships for international students
Concordia University Scholarships for international students: The primary criterion for all scholarships is high academic achievement. However, high academic achievement does not guarantee your selection for a scholarship. Competition is significant and each scholarship has different criteria which affects both eligibility and selection.
Types of scholarships
- Entrance Scholarships
Concordia offers Entrance Scholarships to top-ranked Bachelor’s admission candidates every Fall.
Full-time students entering university studies for the first time, on the basis of completion of CEGEP, Canadian High School or College, or equivalent. Candidates must be admitted to Bachelor’s programs. An offer of admission to Concordia does not guarantee selection for an Entrance Scholarship. These awards are not available to students admitted to Certificate programs, or Visiting students, or Independent students.
- Selection for most scholarships is automatic and based on academic ranking. For Faculty of Fine Arts programs requiring submission of a portfolio for admission, selection is based on the portfolio and not grades achieved prior to admission,
- Faculties and Schools select candidates and provide their recommendations to the Financial Aid and Awards Office,
- Only selected candidates are notified. Selection begins in Spring, and continues into the Summer,
- Scholarships are disbursed to students’ University accounts following verification of registration after the registration / course drop period ends. Most of these awards are payable in two equal installments over the Fall and Winter terms.
Some entrance scholarships have specific eligibility requirements or restrictions, and require an application. These will be posted on the application-based awards pages starting in the Summer each year.
- Available only to students enrolled in a Bachelor’s program
- Students who have completed at least one semester of studies at Concordia
- Students must have a minimum Assessment GPA of 3.30
- A limited number of In-Course Scholarships are open to part-time students
- Consideration for In-Course Scholarship candidates begins in October/November on the basis of top Assessment GPA achieved in the preceding academic year. Candidates are ranked in descending order on Assessment GPA, then credits completed in program, then Cumulative GPA,
- The majority of In-Course Scholarships are awarded automatically by the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee using academic rank lists as described above, with no application required,
- A small number of In-Course Scholarships and Awards requiring specific applications will be posted on our Concordia Award Opportunities page starting in the Summer each year. Deadlines may vary however most fall in September or October.
On an exceptional basis, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the timeframes may have been delayed or extended.