Admission Requirements for the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration
Minimum Requirements for Admission to First Degree Programmes:
- Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSSCE), and West African Senior School Certificate Examinations (WASSCE) candidates
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) Advanced Level candidates
- Admission of Higher National Diploma (HND) candidates to first-degree programmes
- Mature Students’ entry
- Foreign Qualifications
- Professional and other entry qualifications
Read full details of first degree programme requirements
Master Degree Programme:
Executive Masters in Business Administration (EMBA)
- A Bachelors Degree (from any approved/recognized university or equivalent professional qualification with requisite experience).
- At least five years post qualification managerial experience.
- Applicant should be at least thirty (30) years of age.
- Applicants with degree classifications below second class lower division and or narrowly focused professional qualifications should enroll in the GIMPA Administration CBA programmes at the Business School to enhance their chances of gaining admission.
Master Of Research In Business Administration (MRes)
- Strong quantitative orientation/background.
- Second class upper minimum for graduates in business, economics and other social sciences.
- Second class lower minimum for graduates in mathematics, statistics and typeering related sciences.
- For the programme in Accounting, a terminal professional qualification would be an added advantage.
- Expressed interest in teaching at the tertiary level.
- Sponsorship by a tertiary institution will be an added advantage.
Master in Business Administration
- A Bachelors Degree from any approved/recognized university with a second class lower division minimum, plus two years post-graduation professional experience.
- A lower class degree, then five years post-graduation professional experience plus additional postgraduate or professional certificate/education such as the GIMPA postgraduate or certificate in business administration.
- Professional qualifications such as ACCA, ICA, ICSA, GIPS, CIB, plus three years post-qualification experience.
- Applicants with degree classifications below second class lower division and/or narrowly-focused professional qualifications should enroll in the GIMPA Diploma in Business Administration (DBA) programmes at the Business School to enhance their chances of gaining admission.
Postgraduate Certificate and Diploma Programmes
Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration (DBA) and Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration (CBA)
- Applicants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification from a recognized institution.
- Applicants should normally have obtained at he Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration (CBA) and shown excellent performance at the level to be admitted. However, those with degrees in Economics, Commerce and Accounting with working experience may be admitted without the CBA.
- Applicants should be 25 years and above with at least two (2) years work experience.
- Applicants who wish to pursue MBA/EMBA with a class lower than a lower degree are advised to take this programme to enhance their chances.
Postgraduate Certificate in Business Administration (CBA)
- Applicants should hold a Bachelors Degree or equivalent professional qualification from a recognized institution.
- Applicants should be twenty-five (25) years and above with at least one (1) year work experience.
Doctor of Philosophy
- A Master of Science or Master of Research Degree in Business Administration or its equivalent from an accredited college or university with a GPA of 3.3 or higher. Students without such backgrounds in business and related fields will be required to take Masters level business courses to ensure adequate preparation prior to enrollment in required doctoral courses.
Please kindly visit TRAININGFORMS homepage to find out every single information you need concerning your entry to Tertiary Education