Admission Requirements For Admission Into Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & technology (KNUST)
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
WITH WASSCE/SSSCE, A’ LEVEL, ABCE/GBCE, MATURE AND
GUIDELINES FOR SELECTING AN UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME
1. Most first degree Programmes of study are of Four (4) Years duration
2. Minimum/General Entry Requirements
- An applicant for admission to a degree Programme in the University must have CREDITS in
the THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Core Subjects (English Language, Mathematics and
Integrated Science), and CREDITS in THREE WASSCE/SSSCE Elective Subjects or its
equivalent relevant to the chosen Programme with aggregate 24 or better (WASSCE: A1-
C6/SSSCE A-D) D7, E8 & F9 ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR ADMISSION
It is worth noting that the THREE CORE SBJECTS are prerequisite for all.
- GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (GBCE)
Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects including English Language
and passes in THREE Elective Subjects including Business Mathematics.
- ADVANCED LEVEL/MATURE APPLICANTS
Applicants must have FIVE credits at the GCE O’ Level including English Language and
Mathematics (or its approved equivalent), plus passes in at least THREE subjects at the
Advanced Level/Three Credits in the case of mature applicants. In addition, the applicant
must fulfill the appropriate Faculty or Departmental requirements.
- ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE)
Applicants must have passes in THREE Compulsory Subjects plus THREE (3) Optional Subjects relevant to the Programme of study